If you are an avid reader, you probably have bookshelves overflowing with books. Stacks of books in the corner. Piles of books on your bedside table. Boxes of books in your attic.
While there is sometimes nothing like holding a book in your hands – the feel of the pages as you turn them, the sound of the pages as they crinkle – the stacks of books eventually become something of a hassle.
Check out some of its features:
- Slim & Lightweight: Just over 1/3 inch and 10.2 ounces
- Books in under 60 seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
- Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for crisp images and text; even reads well in bright sunlight
- Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging
- More Storage: Take your library with you; holds over 1,500 books
- Faster Page Turns: 20% faster page turns
- Read-to-Me: Text-to-Speech feature means Kindle can read every book, blog, magazine, and newspaper out loud.
- No Wireless Bills: No monthly wireless bills, data plans, or commitments. Amazon pays for Kindle’s wireless connectivity so you won’t see a monthly wireless bill.
- Large Selection: Over 230,000 books, plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines and blogs available
- Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise
- Read in the sunlight with no glare
It seems like a pretty amazing little device (and it is little!)
For more information, including videos and reader thoughts on it, visit the Kindle shop at Amazon.