Muffin updates have been a bit quiet around these here parts, as of late. Other parts of life have sidelined attempts to become a mini-muffin. But today you are in luck!
If you’ve missed prior episodes, you can get caught up here:
- Muffin Goes on a Fitness Quest (Introduction to Muffin)
- Muffin Goes to the Doctor
- Muffin Falls Off the Wagon
- Fitness Quest revisited
One of the goals on my list of goals is to run a marathon before I turn 40. People! That is 3.5 years away!
So for that past 2 weeks, I have been doing some research and
bugging pestering annoying have asked my husband to join me. He finally relented agreed and so a new journey begins.
Some people will wonder if I got knocked on the head. But, in all truthfulness, it’s just something I have wanted to do. I have an insanely competitive and stubborn streak. That is why I learned to shoot a bow & arrow, fish, take my hunter safety course, and all sort of other
tomboy difficult things, as well as give birth naturally, knit, quilt.
So here is how things stand:
- We are starting by walking. Gotta get the muscles reacquainted with activity.
- Then we will work in to alternately running and walking for certain distances.
- Eventually working up to longer distances and times.
I know it will be hard. I know I will cry. I know I will hate my husband for
ever talking me into this allowing me to talk him into this. I know my feet will get blistered and ugly.
But I am nothing if not stubborn. And since I have put this out there for every one to hold me accountable on, I know that I will get there.