On several blogs that I read, we’ve been discussing the clothes that our girls wear and the clothes that retailers put out there for our girls to buy.
It saddens me to see our daughters being sexualized and at such young ages. And trying to find clothes that are tasteful and well made (without breaking the bank) is not always an easy task.
When we were shopping for Abbie’s school clothes, I was pleased to see that Old Navy had tags on a lot of their shirts saying “NOW, Longer length”. Well, AMEN to that. I am tired of looking at everyone’s belly buttons. And I can’t imagine anyone that wants to see mine…
So, with that being said, may I present to you the Modesty Misson Statement as seen at Everyday Mom’s blog:
Moms for Modesty Mission Statement
- As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
- I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
- I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
- I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
- I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls’ and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.